For the ultimate in lightweight competition traction, nothing beats our megalite machined steel full spools in your Ford 9 inch rear end. At nearly the weight of aluminum and in stronger CNC-machined steel, our megalite full spool is the best value in strength and lightweight performance.
CNC machined steel guarantees a precise fit. At only 5.49 pounds, our stronger STEEL spools are only about 10% heavier than aluminum spools.
Excellent for dirt-track applications, the lightweight spools reduce rotating weight to reduce the spin-up time to maximum RPM and they reduce unsprung weight. Compare these to the nearly 8 lb. setup used in stock carrier with standard weight steel full spool and you quickly see the advantage of our megalite full spools.
Both spools use 1.781” I.D. carrier bearings, such as those in our overhaul kits.
Get durable yet ultra-lightweight full spool traction for your Ford 9 inch rear end at a great value with our machined steel megalite full spools.
- For Ford 9 inch 31-spline rear axles
- Megalite Steel Full spool weighs only 5.49 pounds, vs. 8 lbs for a standard weight spool
- Premium steel construction provides extreme strength without excessive weight
- Reduced rotating weight for quickest spin-up time to maximum RPM, and reduced unsprung weight
- CNC machined to precise dimensions ensures top quality and fit
- More strength than aluminum full spools at only a half-pound more weight